Sunday, March 27, 2011

The long long run

Yesterday's long run was another record-breaking effort, at twelve and a half kilometres, wahoo!! I felt crap before heading out and was really suffering a lack of motivation, but felt really really good once I got a few kilometres in. I'm finding lately that I don't really warm up until I'm several kilometres in, and that after seven or eight I feel even better.

Another amazing thing is that even though I'm doing Jeff Galloway's run-walk-run method I'm actually getting faster! My times have increased by a minute per k over the last month, which I find amazing but feel really good about.
I've been feeling a bit tired and stressed lately, maybe even a little depressed. a lot of things are changing in my workplace in ways I do not like, and the changing of the seasons makes me feel slightly sad. I don't love the hot weather but it saddens me to think that my work in an office means I will not see much sun for the next six months. I'm sleeping poorly, lacking motivation to run, craving sugar, low mood, irritable....blah. So I'm concentrating on eating well and reminding myself that this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment