Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vale, Kayanos :(

So there's good news and bad news.
The good news, is that I headed out this morning and ran four k's pain free, which makes me feel pretty damn amazing.

The bad news is that my beloved Kayanos have, at six months and five hundred kilometres, given up the ghost. While I don't believe they caused my calf problem, I think that their worn outedness may have contributed. I knew they were on their last legs, which is why I bought two new pairs of shoes, but I can't help feeling a little sad that they've become worn out.

I guess the other good news is that now I get to devote myself to road testing two new pairs of shoes! I have a pair of Saucony Hurricane 12's that I've now run in twice for a total of about eight k's, and a pair of Saucony ProGrid Guide 4's, as yet unused. Having two pairs of shoes is very luxurious for me, and I'm really hoping the Sauconys work out because I can have two pairs for less than the price of one pair of Asics, and I can't really afford $250+ every six months.

I'll likely run through a lot of pairs of shoes as I run down the road of life. Here's to the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment