Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Recover-arggggggghhhh

So I've taken almost this whole week off from running, as I recover from my half.
The soreness was worst on Monday and Tuesday, and is gradually getting better each day, with only the odd tweaky weird pain.
There were a lot of things I could have done immediately following the race to ease discomfort, but didn't. I could have stretched more, taken an ice bath, had a massage, etc etc. But I'd just had a triumphant experience, and I really, really hate ice baths! Plus I knew I'd be taking a few days or most of the week off, so I figured I'd worry about that later!
It's Thursday now, and the last of the pain is almost gone. My hips or knees occasionally feel clunky, but overall muscle soreness has gone, so tomorrow I am going out for a very short, gentle run to test drive my legs.
I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment