Sunday, May 8, 2011

She's going the distance!

Long run day yesterday, and I covered the entire 21.1k. In under 3 hours, which was my raceday goal!! (and the crowd goes wild, yeahhhhhh)
This was the best, most magical long run ever. I hydrated perfectly and took on gels so i am reasonably certain that all the amazing feelings i had were as a result of endorphins and not some sort of dehydration thingy :)
This was one of those runs where I laughed to myself, even whooped with joy, and at times felt such emotion I was close to tears. I was nervous beforehand but as I ran I knew I could make it, and was so proud of myself and excited about what I was doing.
It's hard to compress it all into ideas...so I'll just say that I'm looking forward to next time the distance goes magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment