Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Race Stats

I'm thinking that as I have now run two (count 'em!) races that I'd start a post where I can keep track of my stats, woo hoo!

July 18th, 2010, Run Melbourne
I trained as well as I was able to for this race, but in the lead up I had the flu and a lot of trouble with shin splints, so if I'm honest I really wasn't good for the distance. Finish time was 38:39, and I walked over half the course. I felt good when I finished but was overall pretty unimpressed.

August 29th, 2010, Defence Lake Attack
Stupid name aside, this was my best event to date. I hadn't specifically trained for it as work organised it, so viewed it more as a social/training run. It was a much smaller event than Run Melb, and I was able to play with pace and drafting behind other runners. My finish time was 35:01, and i ran the last kilometre so hard that I almost blew chunks on the finish line :)

September 12th, Spring into Shape race 1
Non, non, non awesome :( Race was run over a 4.3k, relatively flat course, familiar turf that I know quite well. Good runs over the last week made me feel pretty good but the reality is that I'm still not where I want to be, even after six long months of training. My goal for the series is to run the 4.3 in under 30, yesterday I ran it in 31:43.
As for what went wrong.....poor hydration, which may or may not have contributed to the nasty crampy pain that shot up the back of my ribcage around the 2k mark. Not sure what that was, whether I pulled a muscle or something....Also issues with the narrow start line and getting stuck in a flood of walkers-slow, fat walkers. Hmm. Still,the aim of running the series is to track my improvement, so I'm thinking I just need to be seriously hitting it and working my butt off!

October 24th, Spring into Shape race 2
DNS-CBF

November 14th, Spring into Shape race 3
32:12-Not my best time, but a personal best nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment