Monday, August 9, 2010

iPhone love

Like the most exquisite lover, it is delicate to the eye, responsive to handle, and exquisitely sensitive to the slightest touch.
I am deeply, inappropriately in love with my iPhone. It's my first one ever, the new 4 model, and it's shiny and fun and just AWESOME. So amazingly helpful in every conceivable part of my life that after owning it for just one week I've no idea how I ever managed without it. I've bought some amazing apps, downloaded some great music, and it's made my life so easy.
I'm rerunning the c25k to build my speed and endurance. In the bad old days i used a timer to organise my intervals, which had to be reset before each interval or for different length intervals, and sometimes didn't work properly or at all.
Now I have the c25k app, which happily runs in the background alongside the iPod function, times all my intervals for me and cues each run with a friendly voice....what's not to love?
I used to try to work out distance by logging on to the computer to map out my runs online (imapmyrun, etc). Now runkeeper uses satellites to map it for me, including distance, average speed, pace, etc...and it was free!
I can log my hydration each day, dietary input (take THAT, last ten kilograms!), read books, play games, listen to music, surf the web, check the weather, watch tv....oh, and it also makes phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment