Thursday, July 15, 2010

Packin' it, just a bit

Only two days to go! It's Friday, and Sunday morning is zero hour. I'm a little concerned about the whole thing...between the patchy prep, Tuesday's insane gallop through the rain, and the self doubt that I'm pretty sure goes with anyone's first race, I guess anyone would be worried.
On the other hand....it's not like I was ever going to win! My goals need to be things like maintaining a positive attitude, looking towards future goals, and above all, completing the course injury free. Still, I can't help being nervous. And going in circles around myself. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I haven't run since Tuesday....that run is the only time I've ever really really hated running, so I didn't want to overdo it in the lead up to Sunday. Also sometimes if i skip a few days I'm much more comfortable, and feel like I run better...call it tapering for the five, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment