Monday, August 15, 2011

Turtle news

Soo, rest day today, but lots of things have been happening here in turtleland.
Last week I put in my first week of good training since the half marathon, even though I was unwell in the middle of the week. The upshot of this, aside from feeling good, strong and fit, is that all of a sudden, I am getting faster! I am currently running 7:30-8:00ks rather than 8:30ks which are more the norm for me, so I'm pretty stoked! I think it's actually the racing that is making me faster, or that perhaps cracking times I thought impossible has given me the mental strength to push harder. Either way, it's something that I'm very much capitalising on and worker harder on.
I've signed up for my next race, and boy is it a goodie! I had no plans to do any mroe racing this year, instead wanting to work on speed and base building, but when I heard about this race I had to sign up.
Melbourne is getting it's very own version of Sydney's C2S! It's to be run on November 13th, and it's a 14k race from the CBD to St Kilda. I feel that it really synchronises with the kind of training I am doing just now, and is a good, fun goal.
Mmm, what else....Saunconys are going well so far, though I did get one pair rather muddy playing trail runner on Sunday :P
Also bought myself a lovely new pair of capris (fancy Nike ones, ooh la la) in a size Medium, eekkk! I would have test driven them this morning, had I managed to get out of bed, but hopefully tomorrow will be the day. I'm going to try and go to bed early so I can get a good night's sleep and knock out a 7k tempo run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment