Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back to backing it

I got experimental this morning, doing my second run in two days. Normally I always have a rest day between runs for recovery, but my plan keeps calling for sessions two days in a row, so it was time to give it a try.
Was a bit nervous about the whole thing, so I took it easy yesterday (30 min easy) so I'd have some left in the tank for today (40 min progression).
It didn't go super super great, a very slow five k, some nice speedy bits during the progression, but I walked the last kilometre becuase I was done like a dog's dinner. Lead legs, and just a general bonk-y feeling (I wonder if I lacked carbs because it was 5am?) but I didn't want to wreck myself my first time running back to back.
Overall I am pleased but oh lordy, i am taking exhaustion to a whole new level today. My legs are heavy and I can't stop yawning, it's even difficult paying attention at work (although that's always a bit hard). I'm not quite ready to call this two-days-in-a-row thing a success, but it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment